bDule got a great update last Friday (read our previous blog post). Unfortunately this version had 2 issues: the settings were not correctly taken over during the upgrade and there was an issue with the cursor positioning when writing a new Tweet, the latest issue is due to the automatic signature. This update fixes these issues and makes sure that following updates will keep your settings; for this current update, we are really sorry but you will have to configure your services again.Sorry about this and thanks for your great support.
We have some very exciting news today. We are launching sobees web—a web version of our excellent Twitter/Facebook client, bDule—available at www.sobees.com. We use the new Silverlight 3 to provide our users with the same first rate experience they have come to expect from bDule.
sobees web is debuting with:
- A Twitter client with support for multiple accounts & the usual RTs, pictures, URL shortening… We have also added optional automatic signatures for tweets.
- And real-time search of OneRiot, Twitter and FriendFeed. We have added OneRiot to cut through the noise when a subject is hot and give just what is relevant. FriendFeed, in addition to content, brings discussion to items.
We are very excited to be working with OneRiot to provide the best possible real time web search results of hot and trending subjects.
sobees web couldn’t be easier to use. All you need is the latest Silverlight 3 runtime—which is available for both Windows and Macs—and then head on over to sobees.com. You can try it out within your browser, and if you like it, right click to install the app on your desktop.
sobees web is essentially an exact replica of bDule in Silverlight. Windows users should nonetheless favor bDule—our Windows only .NET version—over sobees web when running on the desktop.
bDule, our Windows only Facebook and Twitter client, is getting an update today, bringing it one step closer to beta. This new version implements the new real-time search features including OneRiot from sobees web in addition to its already outstanding Facebook support and the same great Twitter support it has had since its inception and now share with sobees web.
We have also added support for proxies to this new version of bDule and fixed many bugs and issues most notably issues with saving options and an issue with Twitter replies.
Since we launched sobees it became apparent that sobees was overwhelming for too many but did have a beautiful design and great support for services. That is why we extracted our Twitter and Facebook support, improved on it and produced our single window client called bDule—contraction of bee as in sobees and module. We have been successful with bDule and received very positive feedback. bDule, unlike its bigger brother sobees, competes directly with TweetDeck and Seesmic Desktop. We have an edge though. Both our competitors are based on Air. bDule is based on Microsoft's .NET and WPF technologies which enable us to offer a much better experience at the cost of only supporting Windows. That was until now and sobees web.
Our new strategy is to build up from bDule's success. We are building better than ever support for a wide range of renowned social networks into bDule and sobees web while keeping it simple on the surface—power users will be pleased to discover the features they love and expect are also there within reach.
sobees web uses telerik RadControls for Silverlight and uses the Microsoft Azure Services Platform to fetch tweets.
- Notifications with advanced configuration possibilities (selection of account, keyword, user, type of message…)
- Reply, retweet, follow and favorite from Twitter search - selection of one or multiple account(s)
- Move columns in Twitter and Twitter Search
- Added URLs shorteners bit.ly and digg.com
- Show “from service” (optional) and “in reply to” in the tweets
- Choice of album when posting a photo on Facebook
- Fixed Facebook authorization for status update
- Performances improvements
- Many small enhancements and bug fixes
Let us know what you think about this version and what features and improvements are important for you now.
- Dark theme
- Central management of Twitter and Facebook accounts at application level (accounts are preserved even if a module is deleted)
- Have several Twitter searches in a single module
- Ability to post a picture on Facebook
- A cancel button for status update
- The ability to select an item
- Up and down key navigation
- API counters
- Better management of the Twitter API when creating groups
- And much more
- URLs in Twitter feed
- Some texts and images mixed in Facebook feed
- All special caracters (>,<,&,...)
- Maximized window taking care of Windows taskbar (detect current monitor and adapt size)
- Restore minimized bDule window from tray
- Scrolling with arrows keys
We hope you will continue enjoying bDule and send us more feed-backs while we are working on adding even more functionalities based on your feed-backs.