The Facebook control has massively grown since the first release in May and we were making too many requests on Facebook APIs after the application's launch (Facebook limits the number of calls on the APIs for desktop clients). This was the main part of the issue. We have completely re-written the code of the Facebook control which now relies on Microsoft’s SDK.
We hope that you will now be able to enjoy the full Facebook support in sobees lite.
Here are the latest news about sobees !
We just released a new version of bDule, our desktop client, and we are taking this opportunity to rebrand it to sobees lite in order to realign all our brands. sobees lite continues to offer you the best features including Facebook, Twitter and MySpace in addition to our Real-time search tool.
- We now support multiple languages: English, French, German and more to come
- Best Facebook integration into a desktop client with access to your inbox, friends, profile and events
- Full MySpace support
- Possibility to update your status on multiple services in one go
- Many improvements, bug fixes… see the full list hereafter
These new features have been created so that you can make the most of your favorite social networks, directly on your desktop. Everything has been made to fit your needs in social networking, so don’t wait, click here and enjoy!!!
sobees has been taken as an example by Microsoft to illustrate the next generation of newspapers, which you have certainly heard about recently. This is a great recognition and, while it referred to sobees, we are committed to bring the same experience and richness into sobees lite while focusing on the social and real time web.
It took us some time to launch this new version, but we expect some other cool updates in Silverlight (sobees web) very soon!
sobees lite is a WPF/.NET application and works on any Windows 7, Vista and XP computer.
Full release note:
- Easier first user experience / connection to services screen
- Multiple languages: English, French and German
- Status update on multiple services in one go
- MySpace support: activities, status, my activities, top friends and comments
- Status update on MySpace
- Profile, friends, events and inbox added in Facebook
- Comments, login and clear timeline fixed in Facebook
- bit.ly login added
- New URL shortener (migre.me)
- Tweetshrink implemented
- Possibility to delete your tweets
- Auto-complete for direct messages
- Reply, retweet, send a direct message or favorite on mouse over the avatar or as text buttons
- Groups issue and edit button fixed in Twitter
- Separate refresh timers in Real Time Search
- OneRiot fixed
- "Add a column" button
- Application launch when maximized fixed
- Option to limit the number of items in each list
- Splash screen not closing fixed
And feel free to give us your feedback
Are you already a sobees fan on Facebook ?
Are you already following us on Twitter ?
Don’t forget to tweet about sobees lite !
We launched our web-based Twitter/Real-Time Search client sobees web about two weeks ago, and we already have really exciting news to share with you: Facebook has been integrated in sobees web! Read your news feed, update your status, comment and like your friends’ activities: to make it short, you can now get almost the same experience you had with our Windows only application bDule, which has been recognized by many users as having the best Facebook integration. Isn’t that great?
In addition to this integration, we continued the general development of sobees web in order to bring a few enhancements and fix the issues some of you reported (by the way, thanks for your feedback, which are really helpful for us when considering the improvement of the application).NB: Make sure that you enable/check your pop-ups when connecting to Facebook for the first time with sobees web.
However, we nonetheless continued the development of bDule, and are adding four new great features today:
- Group management (it now displays the full list of your friends and gives you the possibility to modify existing groups by adding/deleting a person, etc)
- @auto-complete (please note that you have the possibility to navigate through the names of your friends thanks to the up and down arrows)
- Filter (which can be activated in the settings)
- Manual save of your settings (this feature enables you to transfer your settings manually from one computer to another one, since we are still working on an automatic way to manage it)
In addition, we worked on many bugs and enhancements, so the major issues some of you encountered (as mentioned above) should now be fixed!
As usual, we welcome your feedback regarding this new update.
Sorry about this new update, we just want to make sure that you have the best possible experience while using bDule.