- Button minimize to tray implemented
- When you change the template, you can now keep and re-order the content
- Smoother scrolling
- Spell checker
- More search results (and the ordering issue in search is fixed!)
- Words filtering (antispam)
- URL shortener fixed
- Auto CTRL + C when selecting text
- Timers redesigned
- The Twitter column indicates the current user
- Typing a tweet of over 140 characters is possible (but it won’t be posted unless you reduce it)
- Possibility to empty a column content
- Slightly darker font color
Users can now “start simple,” enjoying desktop aggregation without creating an account.
We were developing a standalone sobees module when we heard last Monday that Facebook released its API for the full stream. In just few days, we’ve been able to integrating the new Facebook stream API (requiring a conversion of the Facebook Stream API in .NET), a powerful Twitter client and Twitter search, making our already powerful sobees social networking aggregator even more robust. We call the new application bDule by sobees (combining “bee “and “module”).
Windows 7 RC was released this week, so it’s a good timing for offering a great desktop companion for Windows users. And Mac users, we are working on your version based on Silverlight (running in and out of the browser), so hang in there.
Our goals with the new client:
- offer a “start simple” experience making it easier for users to enjoy desktop aggregation without creating an account
- offer a solution for netbook users
- Facebook stream with some filters, likes and comments (update the status, likes and comments within the application)
- Twitter client with multi-accounts, groups, single or multi-column view, etc.
- Twitter search
- A powerful and easy organization of the content in templates with sizeable columns and rows, just like in sobees
In parallel we are also working on a new release of sobees with a smaller ribbon and a bunch of other features and enhancements.
It’s pretty exciting to see how powerful the desktop aggregation is becoming with great APIs such as Facebook’s and Twitter’s and we are looking forward to providing sobees users with the best possible integration of such services. You’ll be seeing more of these bDules in coming months. Like I said, things are hopping here at sobees!
Technology industry executives, investors, and observers regard the Red Herring 100 lists as an invaluable instrument to discover and advocate the promising startups that will lead the next wave of innovation.
And we're not the only Swiss start-up among the winners. With a total of 14 winners, Switzerland is the leading country, followed by Germany, Israel and Sweden. We could conclude that Switzerland is the Newest Tech Hub.
Go to our press page or visit the Red Herring website to get more information.
March has been a great month for sobees!
First, and above all, we launched at Demo the most powerful social desktop aggregator (video and information available here). This version of sobees offers a greater level of flexibility and organization for a large number of internet services, such as Twitter, Facebook, Friendfeed, Digg, Flickr and Youtube. In addition, users can integrate news, photos, videos and other data from the Web.
We received lots of great feedback and reviews (PC World, PC Mag, VentureBeat ) following this release. Thanks for the support. Based on your feedback, we made two releases in March, mainly in order to improve the setup, which was creating some installation issues, to fix the Facebook connection and to improve the speed of some processes. We are currently working on a new release to address other feedback like the ribbon, which you tell us is taking up too much screen place.
In March we also attended two great conferences: SXSW and MIX09. We met lots of users and got direct feedback. MIX was also a good opportunity to discover Microsoft’s latest technologies, especially Silverlight 3.
March was, all in all, a very intensive and wonderful month. Our “takes aways”:
- Tons of positive feedback. We are making the corrections and are moving in the right direction with the latest version of sobees.
- The market for social network aggregation – on the desktop - is heating up
- sobees is leading the market in terms of flexibility of the application, number of services and power. Our focus now will be on improving the user experience based on your feedback and making the application more robust.
- We want to address the Mac users very quickly, and have started the development of a cross OS version.
Thanks for all the support!