We're excited to announce that CTI, the Swiss Confederation’s Innovation Promotion Agency, has awarded sobees with the CTI Start-up Label.
The CTI label is awarded to approximately 20 Swiss companies every year following an in-depth analysis of their intellectual property, technology, management team, business and financial planning. You can learn more about CTI Start-up here.
We'd like to take this opportunity to thank CTI Start-up, Swissnex and especially our CTI Coach Pascal Dutheil . Pascal is one of the first person who was told about our project and he has been constantly supporting us right from that point. He has become a good friend and we could not have dreamed of a better advisor.
In addition, we could improve a few aspects of the application and fix other bugs. However, if you still encounter any issue after the update, let us know!
We know that some of you look forward to finding their Twitter lists right into sobees. Since we are currently working on this feature, it should come out very soon, so stay tuned!
We would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that, in sobees lite, you have the possibility to manually save and restore your settings. Therefore, head to the Options menu (located at the top right of the application) and select the Advanced tab.
The Facebook control has massively grown since the first release in May and we were making too many requests on Facebook APIs after the application's launch (Facebook limits the number of calls on the APIs for desktop clients). This was the main part of the issue. We have completely re-written the code of the Facebook control which now relies on Microsoft’s SDK.
We hope that you will now be able to enjoy the full Facebook support in sobees lite.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all the organizers and especially Microsoft for their support through the Bizspark program.
You can read more about the competition and the winners on the competition's web page or on our friend Laurent's blog.
From the left to the right: Claudio Dionisio, President „Best of Swiss Web Association“, Vincent Rithner, CTO, sobees Ltd., Prof. Dr. Markus Stolze, Hochschule für Technik Rapperswil (Best of Swiss Silverlight Jury-President), Christof Zogg, Director Developer
Here are the latest news about sobees !
We just released a new version of bDule, our desktop client, and we are taking this opportunity to rebrand it to sobees lite in order to realign all our brands. sobees lite continues to offer you the best features including Facebook, Twitter and MySpace in addition to our Real-time search tool.
- We now support multiple languages: English, French, German and more to come
- Best Facebook integration into a desktop client with access to your inbox, friends, profile and events
- Full MySpace support
- Possibility to update your status on multiple services in one go
- Many improvements, bug fixes… see the full list hereafter
These new features have been created so that you can make the most of your favorite social networks, directly on your desktop. Everything has been made to fit your needs in social networking, so don’t wait, click here and enjoy!!!
sobees has been taken as an example by Microsoft to illustrate the next generation of newspapers, which you have certainly heard about recently. This is a great recognition and, while it referred to sobees, we are committed to bring the same experience and richness into sobees lite while focusing on the social and real time web.
It took us some time to launch this new version, but we expect some other cool updates in Silverlight (sobees web) very soon!
sobees lite is a WPF/.NET application and works on any Windows 7, Vista and XP computer.
Full release note:
- Easier first user experience / connection to services screen
- Multiple languages: English, French and German
- Status update on multiple services in one go
- MySpace support: activities, status, my activities, top friends and comments
- Status update on MySpace
- Profile, friends, events and inbox added in Facebook
- Comments, login and clear timeline fixed in Facebook
- bit.ly login added
- New URL shortener (migre.me)
- Tweetshrink implemented
- Possibility to delete your tweets
- Auto-complete for direct messages
- Reply, retweet, send a direct message or favorite on mouse over the avatar or as text buttons
- Groups issue and edit button fixed in Twitter
- Separate refresh timers in Real Time Search
- OneRiot fixed
- "Add a column" button
- Application launch when maximized fixed
- Option to limit the number of items in each list
- Splash screen not closing fixed
And feel free to give us your feedback
Are you already a sobees fan on Facebook ?
Are you already following us on Twitter ?
Don’t forget to tweet about sobees lite !